Public invited to attend
The Trustees would like to invite residents to attend all public meetings. The Trustees meet the first and third Monday of every month in the Township Hall (School building) on the corner of SR 58 & SR 162 at 7:00 PM. Any changes to this regular schedule will be posted. In addition to these Trustee meetings there are monthly meetings of the Fire District Board, Ambulance District Board, Rural Lorain County Water Board, LORCO Board and Office on Aging that are open to the public. On the "SERVICES" tab you can find more information on these regular scheduled meetings and find a link to their respective websites for updated information. Your Trustees invite residents to attend and be informed! | Click here for events |
Beautiful Huntington Township......
Huntington Township is located in the southern most section of Lorain County and is totally residential/agricultural. Population was estimated at 1341 on the 2010 Census. The Township has 19.99 miles of Township road to maintain for residents and employs one full time and four part time employees.
The Huntington Community Park is a gem in the middle of the Township, recently a Park Committee was formed to promote residential use of the Park. Click here to visit the Park page and read more about Leininger Park.
The Township received a grant/loan mix for reconstruction of Clark Road from Bursley to the bridge July 1, 2014. Preparation work is underway currently to ready the road for the new surface. Periodically this portion of Clark will be closed but we expect these closures to be of short duration. In addition to this work, the Township will be patching various portions of the Township roads and chip and sealing.
Board of Trustees
Walter C. Rollin, Chairman
• Social Security: No longer issue Social Security number printouts, will stop providing benefit verification letters in October 2014. 1-800-772-1213, www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount and www.socialsecurity.gov/thirdparty/whatsnew.html
• Auditor of State: New Android app for Ohio Stops Fraud launched.
• Wellington Adult Immunization Clinic:
Lorain County General Health District, 1st Thursday of Every Month at the Wellington Fire House 202 Kelly Street, 9:00 am - 12 noon, call 440-322-6367
• Wellington Fire District Child Seat Program and Free green reflective address sign: Contact 440-647-2245,
• Well Help: In 2013 there were 1832 families served, $63,532 spent on food support and 183 toys given to children. Call 647-2689 to donate.
• Southern Satellite Office on Aging:
Services include: Meals on Wheels, transportation, housekeeping, benefits assistance, Information, Call 440-647-0777.